We are looking to recruit an Industrial Digital Engineer which will be based in UK, Belgium or Slovenia.
You will be working with the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science in building analytical capabilities and implementing digital projects locally. Your responsibilities will include building out data analysis, data models, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes, and machine learning models based on best practices developed by and under supervision of the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. Using the tools developed and maintained, such as but not limited to Dremio, Prefect, Data Lakes and Databases, OSI PI.
- Plans and leads Data Engineering, Advanced Analytics, and Data Science projects. Coordinates project cooperation with internal partners and the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, ensures implementation on plant systems.
- Develop algorithms, predictive models, and dashboards that leverage data from Dremio and other data systems, in order to solve complex manufacturing and business problems to operationalize outcomes of analytics.
- Provides the primary point of communication in the plant for the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science and develops proof-of-concept for proposed solutions.
- Collaborates with other Digital Engineers in rolling-out successful solutions to other plants.
- Successfully communicate with both clients and customers of the projects so that they connect to the body of work and feel comfortable using it.
- Training of PI System for users in the plant, creating analyses and reports from the plant information system (OSI PI and SQL DB) and support in case of operational problems with the PI system.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; higher degree desirable.
- Minimum of two years of technical experience in data scientist/data engineering or 3+ years of experience in python.
- Fluent in Python (pandas, dask, panel, matplotlib, numpy, seaborn, scikit, keras, tensorflow).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA scripts.
- Intermediate experience of machine learning, statistics, computer vision and systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Good understanding of conda package manager and conda environments.
What we’re offering
- Full-time, permanent position with 6-month probation period, and possibility of employment in Slovenia, UK, or Belgium.
- International environment, full of global learning opportunities and challenges.
- Pension scheme, above average Holliday allowance, Annual performance related bonus and other country specific benefits.
- Opportunity to make a difference in our sustainability and environment focused projects, with a goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and achieve carbon neutrality.
- Collaboration and cooperation with the highly qualified and knowledgeable experts in the field.
About Knauf Insulation
Knauf Insulation is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of insulation products and solutions. With more than 40 years of experience in the industry, we represent one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide. With more than 5,500 employees in more than 40 countries and 27 manufacturing sites in 15 countries, the Knauf Insulation is offering a range of career opportunities – in Europe, the USA, Asia, and Africa