As a Process Development Engineer, you will be a Subject Matter Expert for Mineral Wool and take on a leading role in the development of Binder, Secondary line (density control and distribution, crimping, Grecon) and Curing process. You will work within a high profile and well-respected team with a wide variety of expertise.
- Lead the development of Binder, Crimping and Curing process technology for Rock and Mineral Wool, along with development of density control and distribution. Due to synergy, support also Glass Mineral Wool curing as required.
- Establish updated basis of safety for curing process, working with External experts, CEE, CRD and plants.
- Support the development of Ecose and PF Binder in RMW for all products and ensure all plants are below permitted emission levels from forming and curing.
- Establish needed documented standards to maintain equipment process performance for areas of responsibility.
- Establish best operating practices, via network of inputs from all plants for areas of responsibility.
- Grow continuous improvement culture and mentality for areas of responsibility.
- Provide expertise and support to plants for current equipment, problem solve, and lead RCA as required.
- Identify needed safety improvements on equipment.
Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Process Engineering, or a similar field of education.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the field of P&Q or manufacturing improvements in production environment.
- Data driven, experience with Data or Statistical tools (Minitab, Tableau, Power Bi, Excel, SPSS)
- Six Sigma qualification is an advantage.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to present technical information to different stakeholders and build relationships with them.
- Focused on problem solving and proactive approach.
- Experience or interest for continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and sustainability focused projects.
What we’re offering:
- Full-time, permanent position with 6-month probation period, and possibility of employment in Slovenia, UK, or Belgium.
- International environment, full of global learning opportunities and challenges.
- Pension scheme, Holliday allowance, Annual performance related bonus and other country specific benefits.
- Opportunity to make a difference in our sustainability and environment focused projects, with a goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and achieve carbon neutrality.
- Collaboration and cooperation with the highly qualified and knowledgeable experts in the field.
About Knauf Insulation
Knauf Insulation is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of insulation products and solutions. With more than 40 years of experience in the industry, we represent one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide. With more than 5,500 employees in more than 40 countries and 27 manufacturing sites in 15 countries, the Knauf Insulation is offering a range of career opportunities – in Europe, the USA, Asia, and Africa