Central Spares & Reliability Engineer
We usually respond within two weeks
The goal of the position is to support all plants with spares management control and builds, report risks of obsolescence and lead-time. Help support spares location and aid transfer to end user for all critical spares movements. Review and update criticality spares register for accuracy
Support and develop a robust statistical analysis of reliability and failure in all plants using data and technical expertise, recommend asset modifications to improve machine reliability to get the right metrics for the process, system, asset and component for standardisation. Help and build robust monitoring solutions to protect all critical assets and build this through the CI framework so this is measured and visible.
Purpose of employment :
- Spares. Central support function for all plant availability of spares and new spares PM build process. Identify obsolescence risk and low turnover stock. Help build a robust solution and categorise long lead-time parts to minimise any disruption to the business. Track and ensure accuracy of critical spares inventory.
- Support. Condition Base Monitoring Implementations across all plants to support predictive maintenance methodologies by using all available technology for advantage and visibility. Help support standardisation for all critical assets.
- Reliability. Support and develop a robust statistical analysis of reliability and failure in all plants using data and technical expertise, recommend asset modifications to improve machine reliability to get the right metrics for the process, system, asset and component for standardisation.
Role Challenges :
- Must be able to control all spares management and deliver projects on time, support Process improvements, and control deficiencies when required.
- Achieving the agreed completion dates while adhering to compliant standards in health and safety.
- Maintaining composure under the pressures and frustrations inherent in a fast moving ‘output’ focussed environment.
- Dealing with constraints on deployment of tasks to individuals who have varying skill sets, backgrounds, experience and attitudes.
- Dealing with differing personalities within teams and adapting style to maximise effectiveness.
- Keeping up to date with new techniques & technologies to enable the site to maximise its potential.
- An experienced engineer with a degree or equivalent knowledge through experience. Ability to drive project and reliability improvements by IP management. Must have a strong technical understanding of PLC’s, Drives, Networks & Mechanics
- Use of a leadership style that creates confidence and commitment across a range of work groups rather than simply with own department.
- Highly tuned people management skills along with strong communication skills
- Experienced in the application of Health & Safety procedures with an understanding of the principles of Employment and Safety at Work Legislation & PUWER Regulations.
- Demonstrable achievements in Continuous Improvement, Change Management disciplines, tools and techniques and evident motivation to impart these to others.
- Flexible in terms of travel, break & finish times to suit the needs of the business.
- Data driven & Result focused. Strives to make the change
- Languages: Fluent in English; French, German and Dutch will be considered as an asset;
- Experienced and In depth Knowledge of SAP
- Must be a able to interpret drawings
What we're offering
- Full-time, permanent position with 6-month probation period, and possibility of employment in Slovenia, UK, or Belgium.
- We offer you a job in a growing international organization that values the sustainability where you will take on an exciting and challenging role.
- You will have the opportunity to work in an intercultural environment, rich in diversity and autonomy, with varied objectives and missions.
- Open to ideas and continuous improvement, Knauf Insulation allows you to propose your way of thinking in a professional framework and to take initiatives.
- In addition to a competitive salary, Knauf Insulation also offers you numerous fringe benefits and a family atmosphere within an international company that promotes the values Menschlichkeit, Partnership, Commitment and Entrepreneurship.
About Knauf Insulation
Knauf Insulation is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of insulation products and solutions. With more than 40 years of experience in the industry, we represent one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide. With more than 5,500 employees in more than 40 countries and 27 manufacturing sites in 15 countries, the Knauf Insulation is offering a range of career opportunities – in Europe, the USA, Asia, and Africa
- Škofja Loka, Saint Helens, Visé
- Remote status
- Temporarily Remote
Our other jobs
Digital Engineer - Data and A.I. SpecialistIT · Multiple locations · Hybrid Remote
Sustainability Data EngineerMultiple locations · Hybrid Remote
Central Control & Process Improvement EngineerEngineering · Multiple locations · Temporarily Remote
Central Spares & Reliability EngineerEngineering · Multiple locations · Temporarily Remote
Sustainability Engineer (m/f)Engineering · Škofja Loka
We’re passionate about developing our people
At Knauf Insulation your career is a journey through one or multiple roles that you hold within the company. Progression is not just about promotion, it is about building capability and experience. There are several different ways to progress within Knauf Insulation and we are proud to see a high number of our employees who have moved between teams, departments and even countries. Working for a global market leading organisation, the limits really are endless.
About Knauf Insulation Systems Division
Knauf Insulation is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of insulation products and solutions. With more than 40 years of experience in the industry, we represent one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide.
Central Spares & Reliability Engineer
Loading application form